Saturday, April 13, 2013

''A Hymn to Sorrow'' for Europe

by Alexandros Mallias

Crisis Observatory

April 13, 2013

I was honoured and humbled to serve the (then) European Community, the European vision and ideals, since 1970. Indeed, my first job was at the Information Centre of the European Communities in Athens (1970-1972). In the late sixties and early seventies, while Greece was ruled by the military junta, the European institutions stood for the oppressed Greeks. I am proud to be a pro-European activist throughout my life.

As a diplomat, till my retirement as Ambassador of Greece in 2010, I was privileged to work in the shadow of true European leaders whose vision and action for Europe was beneficial to Greece, to Europe and to the South East Europe at large, notwithstanding their different ideologies, tactics and political agendas.

Read the Full Text (PDF)

No comments: